Climate and SARS-CoV-2
- Baker, Rachel E., et al. “Assessing the influence of climate on future wintertime SARS-CoV-2 outbreaks.” Nature Communications (2021).
Saad-Roy, Chadi M.,, , , , , , , , , , Epidemiological and evolutionary considerations of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine dosing regimes.” Medrxiv (2021)
- Rice, Benjamin L., Akshaya Annapragada, Rachel E. Baker, Marjolein Bruijning, Winfred Dotse-Gborgbortsi, Keitly Mensah, Ian F. Miller et al. “High variation expected in the pace and burden of SARS-CoV-2 outbreaks across sub-Saharan Africa.” Nature Medicine (2021).
- Baker, Rachel E., et al. “Susceptible supply limits the role of climate in the early SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.” Science (2020)
- Baker, Rachel E., et al “The impact of COVID-19 non-pharmaceutical interventions on the future dynamics of endemic infections” PNAS (2020)
- Saad-Roy, Chadi M., Caroline E. Wagner, Rachel E. Baker, Sinead E. Morris, Jeremy Farrar, Andrea L. Graham, Simon A. Levin, C. Jessica E. Metcalf, and Bryan T. Grenfell. “Immuno life-history, vaccination, and the dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 over the next five years.” Science (2020).
Climate change and directly-transmitted infections
- Baker, Rachel E. et al “Implications of climatic and demographic change for seasonal influenza dynamics and evolution” Medrxiv (2021)
- Mahmud, Ayesha S., Pamela P. Martinez, Jingxing He, and Rachel E. Baker. “The Impact of Climate Change on Vaccine-Preventable Diseases: Insights From Current Research and New Directions.” Current Environmental Health Reports (2020): 1-8.
- Baker, Rachel E. et al. “Epidemic dynamics of respiratory syncytial virus in current and future climates.” Nature Communications (2019)
Blog post here.
- Baker, Rachel E., Ayesha S. Mahmud, and C. Jessica E. Metcalf. “Dynamic response of airborne infections to climate change: predictions for varicella.” Climatic change 148.4 (2018): 547-560.
Climate change and vector-borne diseases
- Hooshyar, Milad, Caroline E. Wagner, Rachel E. Baker, C. Jessica E. Metcalf, Bryan T. Grenfell, and Amilcare Porporato. “Cyclic epidemics and extreme outbreaks induced by hydro-climatic variability and memory.” Journal of the Royal Society Interface 17, no. 171 (2020): 20200521.
- Wagner, Caroline E., Milad Hooshyar, Rachel E. Baker, Wenchang Yang, Nimalan Arinaminpathy, Gabriel Vecchi, C. Jessica E. Metcalf, Amilcare Porporato, and Bryan T. Grenfell. “Climatological, virological and sociological drivers of current and projected dengue fever outbreak dynamics in Sri Lanka.” Journal of the Royal Society Interface 17, no. 167 (2020): 20200075.
- Rose, Noah H. et al “Climate and urbanization drive mosquito preference for humans.” Current Biology (2020)
Climate change and indirect effects on human health
- Baker, Rachel E. and Jesse Anttila-Hughes “Characterizing the contribution of high temperatures to sustained child undernourishment in Sub-Saharan Africa” (2020) Scientific Reports.
- Baker, Rachel E. “Climate change drives increase in modeled HIV prevalence.” Climatic Change (2020): 1-16.
Other climate impacts work
“Human Productivity in a Warmer World: The Impact of Climate Change on the Global Workforce” (Rachel E. Baker, Tamma Carleton, Anthony D’Agostino, Timothy Foreman, Michael Greenstone, Solomon Hsiang, Andrew Hultgren, Amir Jina, Matthew Pecenco, and Ashwin Rode) – working paper